WILMINGTON, N.C. -The 2019 Wendy's Seahawk Track & Field Invitational, hosted by UNC Wilmington (UNCW), wrapped up here Saturday as 14 schools competed at the newly-renovated Harold Greene Track & Field Complex. No team scores were kept.
Freshman Hannah Wetzel (Fremont, Calif.) tied a Gallaudet women's track and field record that has stood for over 40 years. Wetzel cleared 1.55 meters to pull even with Stephanie Hamilton, who set her mark on April 12, 1978. Wetzel finished third overall at the Seahawk Invitational in the high jump. Senior Sabina Shysh (Tucson, Ariz.) was sixth with a top leap of 1.40 meters.
Sophomore Sabrina Hernandez (Ashland, Va.) placed seventh in the javelin with a top toss of 27.01 meters.
Junior Anyia Brown (Wilmington, Del.) was GU's top sprinter in the 200-meter dash as she finished in 30.21 seconds in 26th place.
Freshman Sierra Pratt (Katy, Texas) was the only women's participant to finish the 3,000-meter steeplechase as she clocked in at 12:51.22.
GU's 4x100 meter relay team was seventh overall with a time of 56.04 seconds.
- Junior Jakkisha Smith (Dallas, Texas) was 10th in the triple jump (9.26 meters)
- Sophomore Nia Ralston (Danville, Ky.) was 16th in the shot put (6.85 meters)
- Freshman Tyler Mitchell (Perrysburg, Ohio) was 17th in the shot put (6.55 meters) and 20th in the discus (14.27 meters)
- Sophomore Carina Dominguez Can (Hillsboro, Ore.) finished 18th in the shot put (6.41 meters) and 19th in the discus (19.29 meters)
- Freshman Jaelynn King (Springfield, Pa.) was 21st in both the shot put (5.05 meters) and discus (14.17 meters)
- Pratt was 23rd in the 1,500-meter run (6:16.65)
GU is off for the next several weeks before competing at the Jim Taylor Invitational on March 30 at Susquehanna University.