DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Gallaudet University's men's basketball team flew south to Florida over the weekend to partake in the Mauro Panaggio Invitational. The Bison went up against The College at Brockport and lost 100-63 here Sunday afternoon.
Gallaudet (1-9) will face Nazareth College, who lost to Washington and Lee University 94-68 in the other Sunday game.
The Bison were led by freshman guard Corey Smith (Miami, Fla.) with 19 points in his return trip to his home state. Juniors Noah Valencia (Riverside, Calif.) and Steve Valencia-Biskupiak (Riverside, Calif.) added 12 points each. Senior Jamal Garner (Jacksonville, Ill.) ripped down a game-high 15 rebounds.
Brockport (6-3) was led by Justin Summers' 21 points, seven blocks and five rebounds. The Golden Eagles led 52-38 at the half.
- Valencia passed out a team-high four assists
- Brockport held a 44-42 edge in rebounds
- The Bison were held to a season low three 3-pointers
- GU surrendered 100 points for the third time this season
- This is the third time this year the Bison finished with 63 points
Gallaudet will turn around and play Nazareth (4-3) tomorrow (Monday, Dec. 17) at noon.